Have you ever noticed that we have the perfect weather to match the yearly holiday season? Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, and even Valentine’s Day all fall in the colder months when Chicagoans need something to look forward to! We have Memorial Day and Labor Day to bookend our favorite hot months and 4th of July to truly celebrate the fun of Chicago!
Big City Bride has a way to make the holidays even better …. plan your Chicago wedding during a holiday weekend for the ultimate Chicago wedding! If it’s Memorial Day or Labor Day there are fun Chicago summer activities everywhere and it’s a wonderful time to show off Chicago to out of town wedding guests. Or perhaps you want to throw a New Year’s Eve bash that your friends and family will never forget, but start the day with “I Do!”
Tips to making your Chicago wedding the perfect holiday:
- Let your Chicago wedding planner help arrange a rooming block for you at a hotel strategically close to your ceremony, reception, tourist attractions, and your favorite places! It’s fun if all of your guests can stay in one or two hotels together. This also helps if you’re providing wedding transportation for your guests.
- Have a welcome reception after your Chicago rehearsal dinner. This doesn’t have to be fancy and you don’t even need to pick up the tab! Pick your favorite Chicago bar and invite all to mingle. This is a great way to break the ice for all wedding guests!
- Celebrate Chicago! When your guests check into their Chicago hotel the concierge can pass out a welcome bag. Fill it with fun Chicago facts and snacks. Think about providing Chicago snacks like Wrigley Gum, Frango Mints, Lays potato chips, or Garrett’s popcorn.
- Provide a map of your favorite places in the city and where they need to be that weekend. Let them know the “must see” Chicago spots like Millennium Park, the Lincoln Park Zoo, the Museum Campus, and Wrigley Field. Suggest fun activities like the River Cruise, street fests, free fireworks, or sporting events that weekend!
- Most importantly, hire a Chicago wedding planner, and hire them quickly! Believe it or not, Chicago wedding planners sell-out because they can only take one wedding a weekend. The holidays are busy in the city and your Chicago wedding vendors might be extra challenging with holiday labor fees, schedules, etc.
Let Big City Bride help your holiday run smoothly. There are tricks to planning a classy but still slightly themed holiday wedding and Big City Bride can guide you through it all. If it’s New Year’s we know how to plan a PARTY that continues to evolve so that your Chicago wedding guests are constantly wondering what is coming next on the biggest party night of the year. No one will wish they were spending their holiday anywhere else with Big City Bride on your team.