There is no doubt summer weddings are in full swing and we are loving this summery season, but for those couples who dare to be different think WINTER WEDDING. A winter wedding is very different in itself. The whole look and feel is different than that of the other seasons. Glistening snow is a beautiful backdrop. Whether it’s delicately falling from the sky or laying softly on the ground it is a beautiful setting for your wedding photos. Here are a few reasons why a dreamy winter wedding is wonderful…
- GUESTS LOVE A WINTER WEDDING. The summer season is filled with events, activities and city festivals. Calendars fill up quickly and people tend to be much busier in the summer. So, when your winter wedding rolls around your guests will be uber excited to have this reason to celebrate. In the heart of a cold Chicago winter, guests will be eager to break out their fun cocktail or evening attire and dance the night away. Guests are also very likely to find cheaper accommodations wintertime because of a lull in tourist season!
- VENDORS LOVE A WINTER WEDDING TOO. Since there are far more weddings during the “on season” a winter soiree is the inspiration we need during those cold winter months.
- OFF SEASON PRICING. Looking to save on your budget just a little? Choose the off-season! Some vendors will offer discounted pricing during the slower months due to less demand. Of course, there is really no “official” off-season but it typically ranges from January through March. So, when planning your date, location and budget always be sure to ask the off-season pricing.
- FUN WITH FOOD AND DRINK. Scrumptious recipes and drink selections are available for a winter celebration. Think comfort foods and holiday drinks! Treat guests to hot toddies, soup sips, warm bisque, etc. There are many different options to still have fun with a winter menu.
- THE WARM AND FUZZIES. Even your look can be fun in the winter time. Think of faux fur, cozy pashminas, white heeled boots, etc. A winter wardrobe is romantic and elegant. A deep fur paired with a bright white gown is elegant, chic and classy. The photo opportunities are endless with such unique attire.
- CANDLELIGHT. So many brides dream of a romantic candlelight night but in the summertime the sun sets late and often the wedding reception is half over before the candles are visible. While this light is still dreamy and beautiful winter candlelight is a completely different feel. Utilize the darkness of winter time to light up your wedding with warm and enchanting candles. This is also a more cost efficient way to decorate your room.
- HONEYMOON HEAVEN. What better time to plan for a sunny honeymoon then in the dead of winter. A tropical beach is the perfect way to celebrate as newlyweds. When the wedding is said and done you’ll be so happy to be jetting off somewhere warm for a very good reason… Your honeymoon!
Thank you for reading this if any of these ideas inspire you please feel free to share with your friends, family or Facebook! We are appreciative of anyone who reads our tips and tricks… And we are honored for anyone who considers Big City Bride for their wedding.
Photo Credit: Chicago wedding photograhers Robin Sloan (Top and Bottom photo) and Kenny Kim (Middle Photos)