A great way to kick off your Chicago wedding weekend is to welcome your family and friends with a Chicago welcome bag. Wedding welcome bags are a way to introduce your city to all your guests. They will be excited to explore and love trying some of your city favorite treats.
Here are some fun ideas to include in your Chicago wedding welcome bags…
• A welcome letter is a great way to thank your guests for traveling near and far to help celebrate your big day. Some guests may not bring the wedding invitation from home and giving them a weekend itinerary will help them stay on track for all the wedding weekend festivities.
• Include a Chicago visitor’s guide! Share with your guests your favorite restaurants, bars, stores and Chicago attractions. They will love the opportunity to explore a new city with first hand recommendations.
• Don’t forget about the goods! Including Chicago snacks can put a nice touch on your welcome bag. Some great Chicago treats to include are: Frango Mints, Jay’s Potato Chips, Garretts Popcorn, and Cracker Jacks. Additionally, guests will love bottled water and local craft beer!
IMPORTANT: Before making your wedding welcome bags, reach out to your hotel and ask them the following:
· What is the cost of wedding welcome bags?
· Will they be delivered to the room or handed out at the front desk when guest arrives?
· Are there any restrictions I should know about?
Your Chicago wedding planner will take care of all this for you, but if you are managing this yourself make sure to notify the hotel and finalize payment before dropping the bags off. The last thing you want the week of your wedding is scrambling to tie up loose ends.
Although wedding welcome bags may seem like extra work, they are a fun and personal touch to add to your wedding weekend. Instead of putting all of this on you, the couple, ask your families for help! Make an evening out of it. They will feel honored you asked and love to give a helping hand.
Photo Credit: Chicago Wedding Photographer Robyn Rachel Photography
Our bride and her mother-in-law put together the cutest wedding welcome bags EVER! Not a detail was missed and our bride personalized everything. Guests felt so special opening their surprise!