Well Chicagoeans, the time has come! Our first snowfall has blanketed the city and it’s beginning to look a lot like the holiday season. While the typical “busy wedding season” has passed, Chicago wedding planners begin a new term – WINTER WEDDINGS! Cue the cozy comfort foods, warm signature cocktails and dreamy snow wedding photos. While a winter wedding is not for every couple, there are many pros to consider for those who have not landed on a wedding date yet:
· 2016 wedding dates are going FAST! It is no secret Chicago wedding dates are hard to snatch up, however, during the winter months there are still prime Saturday dates available at some of Chicago’s best wedding venues.
· For those on a tighter budget, a winter wedding can help lower costs! It is not peak wedding season, so some vendors will have different pricing because of less demand. Explore this option!
· Your wedding will be much anticipated! Guests will be eager to ditch the snow boots and dance the night away in fancy formal wear.
· Beautiful snowy bliss! Chicago is beautiful in all seasons, but there is something extra magical about sparkling white snow falling from the sky. Although it will be cold, you can make the most out of a photo tour. Connect with your photographer, have a detailed plan and make sure bridesmaids are wrapped up in a cozy pashmina or some faux fur.
Winter in Chicago is a less popular season to wed and newly engaged Chicago couples should use this to their advantage! For those engaged and considering a winter wedding, give us a call! Big City Bride Chicago wedding planners know how to plan a winter wedding.
When selecting your Chicago wedding venue it comes down to more then just LOVING the space. It must fit your desired date, budget, size, taste and style … and let’s face it the options can be a bit overwhelming! After spending just about every weekend planning in a different Chicago wedding venue, we figured it was time to team up, share information and help you narrow your search.
has been around for nearly 30 years and Big City Bride has spent many Saturday nights in this space! This Chicago wedding venue offers two different rental options east side spaces and west side spaces. This venue also features
- The East Courtyard (Il Cortile): This space is used for outdoor ceremonies and cocktail hour when the weather cooperates.
- Tented Pavilion (Il Padiglione): This space is Galleria Marchetti’s main reception space. This space would be used as the ceremony weather-back- up-space. This tent is a permanent tent and can either be air conditioned or heated.
• 5,570 sq feet of clear span space, easily transformed to reflect your vision
• New 800 square foot dance floor
• Heating and air conditioning
• Removable glass walls
• Easy access to adjacent deck and courtyard
• Full lead crystal dandelion chandeliers
• 1600 amps of power
• 230 guest capacity
- Galleria Room (La Sala Perugina): This space is connected to the tent and is used as the cocktail hour rain-back-up space. Whether or not it rains, this space will be used because it is the room where the restrooms are located. Guests can enter this room from both the Courtyard and Tented Pavilion. In addition, this space has a little bridal room. This would be used to store items, makeup touch ups, bustling, and locking things up for the night (Galleria Marchetti conveniently provides a key the night of).
***ALL three of these spaces rent together!
- La Pergola : This space was just added this year! It has a retractable ceiling and vinyl sides that will allow for the space to be all open or closed. This will be the space that we hold ceremonies in, along with the main dinner reception.
- La Sala Lucchese: This space is connected to the Pergola and is used as the cocktail hour space. Restrooms are located in this space. In addition, this space has a little bridal room. This would be used to store items, makeup touch ups, bustling, and locking things up for the night (Galleria Marchetti conveniently provides a key the night of).
***Both of these spaces rent together!
Here are two recent Big City Bride weddings at Galleria Marchetti!
This wedding happened just a few weeks ago and the full feature can be found here! Thanks to Chicago wedding photographer Britta Marie Photography for capturing the day!
And of course, Galleria Marchetti is ALWAYS a party!
Photo Credit: David Wittig Photography Photo Credit: Britta Marie Photography
Looking for a cute and creative way to ask, “Will you be my bridesmaid?” While Pinterest is a great resource, it can also be very overwhelming. There are so many ideas, but what is realistic? We have put together some suggestions, from writing a personalized note to DIY gift basket – your girls will feel so special recieveing this surprise!
Our favorite idea this time of year is gifting a day planner and marking your wedding date. (Who doesn’t love the idea of opening a fresh planner?!!) This is compeltely practical, however, it can still be personal! Add a bookmark with a rhyme to personalize the invite, “Save the date! I want you along for the ride. Please stand by my side. Be my bridesmaid?“