A gorgeous Chicago winter wedding never fails to steal our hearts! The rich winter hues paired with a picturesque background has us feeling all warm and fuzzy (on the inside that is)! As Chicago wedding planners, we are equipped to plan one of a kind celebrations with every new season Chicago throws our way. May it be sunshine or rain, snow or sleet the Big City Bride Chicago wedding planning team will make sure your day is nothing short of perfect. We understand a couples vision and we communicate this vision to ALL wedding vendors making sure when the couple walks into their celebration… it is a better one than they imagined! We are so honored to plan weddings weekend after weekend watching our client’s vision come true! However, with the hustle and bustle of Chicago’s city life, time seems to FLY by. We cannot believe two years ago we were celebrating this very special winter love. It was a magical celebration decorated with complete elegance. Our bride’s ensemble was oh, so chic! The dress, the veil, the shoes and the fur created the most desired winter wedding ensemble. Along with her ensemble, the wedding decor planned by Big City Bride was winter perfect! The deep winter tones paired with lush floral filled the room. The beautiful wedding photos snapped by Robyn Rachael Photography are filled with twinkling city lights, the gorgeous Chicago skyline and the crisp winter air. The perfect combination for a Chicago winter wedding planned by Chicago’s favorite wedding planner!
Photo Credit: Robyn Rachel Photography
Here are a few reasons why a dreamy winter wedding is wonderful…
- GUESTS LOVE A WINTER WEDDING. The summer season is filled with events, activities and city festivals. Calendars fill up quickly and people tend to be much busier in the summer. So, when your winter wedding rolls around your guests will be uber excited to have this reason to celebrate. In the heart of a cold Chicago winter, guests will be eager to break out their fun cocktail or evening attire and dance the night away. Guests are also very likely to find cheaper accommodations wintertime because of a lull in tourist season!
- VENDORS LOVE A WINTER WEDDING TOO. Since there are far more weddings during the “on season” a winter soiree is the inspiration we need during those cold winter months. OFF SEASON PRICING. Looking to save on your budget just a little? Choose the off-season! Some vendors will offer discounted pricing during the slower months due to less demand. Of course, there is really no “official” off-season but it typically ranges from January through March. So, when planning your date, location and budget always be sure to ask the off-season pricing.
- FUN WITH FOOD AND DRINK. Scrumptious recipes and drink selections are available for a winter celebration. Think comfort foods and holiday drinks! Treat guests to hot toddies, soup sips, warm bisque, etc. There are many different options to still have fun with a winter menu.
- THE WARM AND FUZZIES. Even your look can be fun in the winter time. Think of faux fur, cozy pashminas, white heeled boots, etc. A winter wardrobe is romantic and elegant. A deep fur paired with a bright white gown is elegant, chic and classy. The photo opportunities are endless with such unique attire.
- CANDLELIGHT. So many brides dream of a romantic candlelight night but in the summertime the sun sets late and often the wedding reception is half over before the candles are visible. While this light is still dreamy and beautiful winter candlelight is a completely different feel. Utilize the darkness of winter time to light up your wedding with warm and enchanting candles. This is also a more cost efficient way to decorate your room.
- HONEYMOON HEAVEN. What better time to plan for a sunny honeymoon then in the dead of winter. A tropical beach is the perfect way to celebrate as newlyweds. When the wedding is said and done you’ll be so happy to be jetting off somewhere warm for a very good reason… Your honeymoon!
AND here are a few tips for PLANNING your WINTER WEDDING:
Some photos are not worth the chill! If you have a photo tour planned around the city for your winter wedding, talk to your photographer and make a plan B schedule at indoor locations – don’t want to ruin your hair and makeup! If you choose to tough it out, bring plenty of coats, blankets, gloves, and hand warmers to stay toasty between photos.
· Ensure your guests’ comfort by arranging heated transportation between the hotel, ceremony, and reception sites. Chicago’s winter months are no time to be wandering the city without directions, especially for out-of-town guests. Keep your guests safe, warm and on time!
· Talk to your florist as you approach your wedding date: if the weather predictions include extreme cold or wind, you may want to discuss ordering duplicate bouquets and boutonnieres: one for your outdoor photo-shoot and one for the ceremony / reception. Flowers in harsh conditions can fade and wilt, so protect your bouquets in a plastic or paper bag to prevent damage.
· ?Take advantage of the savory soups and comfort foods of winter! Ask your caterer to use winter flavors such as ginger, cinnamon, mint, rosemary, and parsley in your entrees. Let your guests melt when they see the your hot cocoa or coffee bar! Add red velvet, chocolate mint, or cinnamon doughnuts to top off your guests’ nights! Either of these can be a welcoming winter replacement at your reception.
Your favorite Chicago wedding planner knows all the tricks to plan the ULTIMATE stress-free, perfect winter wedding celebration! Know anyone in need of a Chicago wedding planner? The Big City Bride team would love to help!